No word yet on King’s Birthday
THERE is still no guarantee yet if His Majesty King Mswati III’s Birthday celebrations are to be held this year.
Ingwenyama is turning 44 years on April 19.
With this date only a month or so away, there have been no public statements issued on whether the event would take place or not.
Last year’s event was expected to be combined with the jubilee celebrations but due to the financial crisis, the double celebrations were put on hold by the King, a decision that was applauded by many.
Home Affairs Minister Chief Gcokoma said they were still consulting on what was going to happen.
The minister said once they were through with the consultations a public statement would be issued on what would happen.
The minister said availability of funds would also be factored into the whole equation.
“Kusabukwa nasetingungwini,” said the soft spoken minister. “We are also looking at many other things including establishing if the cash-flow has improved,” he said, interpreting the earlier quote.
Government’s Spokesperson Percy Simelane, on the other hand said so far no position had been taken regarding the matter.
“However, the public must rest assured that once a stand is taken, an announcement is going to be made,” said Simelane, who was very cooperative throughout the interview.