advertisement  
 
 
 
 
 
 
Home | NEWS | PICK OF THE DAY | Failed attack on Oliveira in November
 
 

Failed attack on Oliveira in November

image BACK TO CUSTODY: Matsapha businessman Almor Oliveira kidnapper first suspect Qing Ming He leaving the court after his bail application was postponed to next week Wednesday. With him is wife Zheng Renmei (third accused) who is currently out on bail. (Pics:

THE kidnapping case of businessman Almor Oliveira took yet another twist yesterday when witness and police officer, detective Clement Sihlongonyane revealed that there was an attack in November last year on the same businessman, which however, was unsuccessful.

 THE kidnapping case of businessman Almor  Oliveira took yet another twist yesterday when witness and police officer, detective Clement Sihlongonyane revealed that there was an attack in November last year on the same businessman, which however, was unsuccessful.

Sihlongonyane said soon after the number plates were stolen from a silver BMW sedan parked at Happy Valley Hotel, Almor Oliveira was attacked by a BMW similar to that owned by suspect Qing Ming He. 

“He was attacked whilst at his home; fortunately for him, his vicious dogs and security protected him from any harm. 

“A case was opened in Mbabane by the businessman. Moreover, residents in his area can also attest to this,” he said. Sihlongonyane said this attack shows the kidnapping was pre-meditated by the suspects.

“I suspect he stole the number plates to use on his car similar to the one he stole the number plates from. The stolen number plates were registered as MSD 801 BH,” he added. However, the submissions made by Sihlongonyane were strongly opposed by Advocate Mduduzi Mabila, who is representing the first accused person, Ming He. 

The other suspect in the kidnapping is Dao Thanta Hue.

“We cannot speculate. These are his assumptions and when direct questions were asked concerning the number plate, the witness told the court that they did not feature in the case, hence his submission should not stand,” he said. Mabila suggested the crown’s counsel was acting like a less intelligent person by asking about the same number plate yet he had earlier said it did not feature in the case. This did not go down well with Macebo Nxumalo who told the court Mabila was now taking things too far. Mabila also revealed before court that the first suspect, together with his wife, third accused, were shareholders at an investment worth E2.5 million situated at Hlatikulu. This was not disputed by the crown.

Furthermore, the crown then paraded a representative of the Matsapha business community Dadgar Ananis, who told the court most investors were planning to leave the country since their security was now compromised.

Ananis said they were now worried about their security and were contemplating taking their businesses to other countries.

“It is a tense time for us. We are praying everyday for Oliveira as he was more like a father to most of us through business. He is the one who suggested we come to invest here as he said it was a peaceful country. 

However, after this incident investors are living in fear and planning to take their businesses to places such as South Africa or Mozambique,” he said.

 

Comments (0 posted):

Post your comment comment

Please enter the code you see in the image:

 
RELATED STORIES
 
   
     
 
advertisements
 
 
Advertise with us!
 
 
Advertise with us!
 
     
 
MOST POPULAR
 
   
     
 
MOST E-MAILED
 
   
     
 
NEWS
FEATURES & OPINION
ENTERTAINMENT
SPORTS
BUSINESS
 
All material © Swazi Observer. Material may not be published or reproduced in any form without prior written permission.
This site is proudly designed & hosted by Real Image Internet.